ICB launches D&I initiatives
Join our new FB Groups and put yourself forward to speak at an upcoming event. As the bookkeeper's role continues to evolve with the increase in digitisation, AI and globalisation, ICB is exploring ways to foster an even more inclusive, welcoming and empowering community for all.
We believe in creating opportunities for growth, learning, and connection, and we strive to provide a platform for all members to share their talents and perspectives, in a supportive and respectful way.
That's why we are excited to announce the launch of our Diversity and Inclusion initiatives. Our goal is to increase awareness about how uniquely welcoming our community is and do everything we can to make it even better by encouraging contributions from a wider range of students and members.
To achieve this goal, we will be implementing a series of initiatives including:
- 1. D&I Facebook Groups: We have created new diversity networking groups on Facebook to help you connect with like-minded others and to stimulate conversation and understanding. We're hoping that your conversations will feed into our D&I Committee and help raise any important issues. Don't be a stranger, follow the links at the bottom of the article.
- 2. Diversity and Inclusion Committee: We have established the terms of a renewed D&I committee comprising ICB members and employees to knowledge share and work on ways to improve the D&I culture at ICB. Get in touch if you would like to contribute.
- 3. Diverse Content from Diverse Speakers: ICB is committed to ensuring that the content we produce and the events we host are reflective of our community. ICB endeavours to elevate the voices of a diverse roster of speakers and thought leaders who can share their different perspectives on the bookkeeping profession. Get in touch if you would like to speak at an ICB event.
- 4. Diverse Team and Leadership: Our CEO is our top champion for diversity and inclusion and we are committed to creating a workplace that is welcoming to all and promotes the values of diversity and inclusion. We know that a strong team is a diverse team and we work hard to ensure our workforce and leadership team reflect the diversity of our membership.
- 5. Diverse and Ethical Suppliers: We actively seek out and partner with diverse businesses to promote economic opportunity, increase diversity and protect the planet, such as when we source Bookkeepers Summit giveaways. Get in touch if you have ideas for future suppliers and giveaways.
These initiatives are small steps in our ongoing commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion here at ICB. We will continue to explore new ways to create a more inclusive environment for all of our members.
Join our D&I Facebook Groups today and help us to launch this initiative:
ICB DAWN Members Working Group This group is a safe space for DAWN (Disability, Ability, Wellbeing and Neurodiversity) ICB members to share their ideas and contribute to ICB's D&I strategy.